COVID-19 causing plastic waste issues

01 May, 2020 | Supplied by: Australian Council of Recycling

The Australian Council of Recycling is calling for urgent action to manage the increased plastic waste being generated by Australians during the COVID-19 shutdown.

Biofertiliser use key to fulfilling biogas potential

22 April, 2020 by Matt Hale, International Sales and Marketing Director, HRS Heat Exchangers

As well as producing biogas, anaerobic digestion produces a residue known as digestate, which has the potential to be a valuable organic biofertiliser for use in agriculture.

Steel slag that creates stronger concrete

08 April, 2020

Stronger concrete can be made from a by-product of steel creation, according to new research.

Report predicts bioplastics growth

02 April, 2020

With multiple environmental benefits, bioplastics could be vital in helping solve the world's plastic problem.

Genox Recycling Technology shredders and granulators

02 April, 2020 | Supplied by: Applied Machinery Australia Pty Ltd

The range is designed for reprocessing waste material for direct input into closed-loop manufacturing, secondary processing or volumetric savings in recycling skip bins.

On-tap bubbles save glass from landfill

12 March, 2020

Only 57% of glass we put into our recycling bins is actually recycled, with the remaining 43% destined for landfill.

A soil-less solution for coffee waste

09 March, 2020 | Supplied by: The Greenwall Company

In a bid to reduce his company's carbon footprint, Mark Paul created a soil-less inorganic medium containing spent coffee grounds.

Going hard on soft plastics recycling

03 March, 2020 | Supplied by: iQ Renew Pty Ltd

Nestlé and Australian recycler iQ Renew have announced a trial to find a way to collect, sort and process soft plastics.

Industry gets behind National Plastics Summit

02 March, 2020

The summit gathered 200 delegates from government, industry and community sectors to address the problem of plastic waste.

Greening the Green aims to boost soft plastics recycling

26 February, 2020

PepsiCo and Clean Up Australia have launched a three-year program aimed at educating consumers on soft plastics recovery and increasing soft plastics recycling across Australia.

PFAS safety framework under discussion

12 February, 2020

A safety framework for PFAS (per- and poly-flouroalkyl substances) has been under discussion at the beginning of the new parliamentary year.

Qld timber industry to investigate waste-to-resource opportunities

12 February, 2020

Queensland invests in studies to transform waste streams into products and create new jobs for the state.

Businesses take responsibility for EPS before 2025

03 February, 2020 | Supplied by: Ecycle Solutions

Businesses can no longer ignore Expanded Polystyrene (EPS) as a major waste stream.

Coffee lovers swap and go in Western Sydney

22 January, 2020

Seven councils in Western Sydney are participating in the Green Caffeen initiative — a swap-and-go coffee cup scheme that will benefit cafes, coffee lovers and the environment.

Australian tyre recycler to build plant in USA

16 January, 2020 | Supplied by: Green Distillation Technologies

Green Distillation Technologies has signed a deal to build its first plant in the United States. The company's technology recycles end-of-life tyres into oil, carbon and steel.

  • All content Copyright © 2022 Westwick-Farrow Pty Ltd