Waste > Management

Plastics dominate Australian litter landscape

05 February, 2024

Clean Up Australia's most recent Litter Report has highlighted the magnitude of Australia's plastic waste problem.

$140 million to eliminate plastic pollution

13 December, 2023

A Cooperative Research Centre initiative led by Griffith University has received significant funding in the latest federal government CRC selection round.

Case Study: Nordfab Pty Ltd x Green-Technology, E-Waste Company

12 December, 2023

Implementing Nordfab Australia's packed tower wet scrubber, ducting system, and carbon filter systems can offer several advantages for a green-technology company focused on eliminating electronic waste from landfill and promoting a circular economy.

Australia's dumped tyres are piling up, new data reveals

15 November, 2023

Tyre Stewardship Australia (TSA) has released its tyre recovery data for 2022–2023, which revealed 11.3 million tyres were dumped. So, what's the solution?

Recyclers applaud move towards sustainable packaging

13 November, 2023

The Australian Council of Recycling (ACOR) congratulates the Australian Government for taking the lead on packaging regulation to support reuse, recyclability and recycled content.

Insect-powered food waste management solution for hospitality industry

10 November, 2023

Goterra's innovative food waste management technology has been unveiled onsite at the Howard Smith Wharves precinct in Brisbane.

Gold Coast partners to tackle waste management changes

20 October, 2023

To deal with the challenges of waste management on the Gold Coast, the City has partnered with JJ's Waste & Recycling.

Countdown to Waste Expo Australia

17 October, 2023

Waste Expo Australia 2023 is one week away, with thousands expected to attend the two-day conference at the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre.

Food rescue organisation appoints new CEO and Chair

12 October, 2023

Aussie food rescue organisation SecondBite has appointed Daniel Moorfield as CEO and elected Joel Mahemoff, CEO of JGL Investments, as Chair.

REMONDIS Australia retains ACT landfill contract

12 October, 2023

REMONDIS Australia has retained the ACT Government contract for landfill operations for at least another five years.

AIP sessions at Waste Expo 2023

29 September, 2023

AIP will be hosting a free packaging session on how to embed the 10x Sustainable Packaging Design Principles into your business, plus more...

Tyre recovery: TSA calls for action

08 August, 2023

Though Australia recovers close to 90% of passenger, bus and truck tyres, the remaining 10% gap is critical to achieving national waste reduction goals.

$60m in grants to help boost recycling of hard-to-recycle plastics

19 July, 2023

The Australian Government has launched a $60m fund for recycling infrastructure and is also developing a national framework for recycled content traceability.

One month to go until AWRE Summit

03 July, 2023

With just under a month until the AWRE Summit, the program has been expanded to meet industry demand.

Funding for food waste to energy facility

03 July, 2023

Yarra Valley Water has been awarded $1 million in funding through the Victorian Government's Waste to Energy – Bioenergy Fund.

  • All content Copyright © 2024 Westwick-Farrow Pty Ltd