Mirvac and INCO launch sustainability-focused accelerator program
Mirvac Group has partnered with INCO to launch The Impact Accelerator, an initiative that will fast-track innovative start-ups focused on solving environmental and social challenges. The initiative is claimed to be Australia’s first accelerator program focused on urban life.
Each year, INCO’s incubation, acceleration and training programs support more than 500 impact-focused start-ups in 35 countries, while the company’s venture arm has mobilised over $250 million to help entrepreneurs tackle the major challenges facing our society.
INCO Founder and CEO Nicolas Hazard said, “The Impact Accelerator is in a unique position to be a game changer for social and environmental start-ups dedicated to transform our cities. We are offering them the extraordinary opportunity to test or refine their product directly with one of the most sustainable real estate groups in the world, as well as to take advantage of INCO’s global presence to scale their activity and impact.
“We are proud to team up with Mirvac to contribute to leverage urban spaces as a powerful tool in the fight against social inequalities and climate change,” Hazard said.
Mirvac General Manager of Workplace Experiences Paul Edwards said, “With over half of the world’s population now living in cities, the design and development of our urban environments is critical to our economic success, health and wellbeing, cultural development and quality of life.
“We are thrilled to launch an Australian-first partnership with INCO that will support the future innovators and leaders in this space, who will create intelligent, vibrant, human-centred city ecosystems, solving tomorrow’s environmental challenges and ensuring the long-term prosperity of our communities.”
Mirvac Group General Manager of Sustainability and Reputation Sarah Clarke said, “As part of Mirvac’s sustainability strategy ‘This Changes Everything’ we have set challenging goals to be net positive in carbon and water, send zero waste to landfill and invest $100m in the social sector by 2030.
“Through The Impact Accelerator program we aim to work with start-ups to help solve these challenges using data and technology. We also hope the program will help to grow the innovation ecosystem in Australia, supporting us to compete on a global scale,” Clarke said.
Applications are currently open for Australian start-ups and entrepreneurs to join The Impact Accelerator. The nine-month program includes:
- Access to Hoist, a collaborative co-working space designed and owned by Mirvac. Start-ups will have the chance to continually mingle with potential customers to help lift the innovation ecosystem in Australia and champion the growth of impact entrepreneurs.
- Monthly group workshops with successful entrepreneurs and experts from the local ecosystem and INCO global network.
- Individual sessions with a hand-picked personal Mirvac mentor; a successful entrepreneur who is committed to sharing their experience.
- A membership to INCO’s ecosystem of more than 2000 start-ups in 35 countries, the chance to be part of ecosystem safaris and to secure critical contracts in new markets.
- An incredible opportunity to become part of Mirvac’s ecosystem and gain access to the Group Business Units.
- Preferential access to up to AU$100,000+ seed-stage funding and follow on, and the opportunity to work with Mirvac Ventures and Artesian.
To be eligible to the program, start-ups will need to have a beta-tested product or an MVP ready to be beta tested in the first three months of the program, as well as a clear environmental and/or social mission and key competitive advantages. The company must also be working at transforming urban lives, through the development of a solution in one of the following categories: resource transformation, seamless transportation, energy optimisation and production, data collection and exploitation, community connection, sustainable procurement, future of work, or alternative design and conception.
Applications close on 11 September 2019.
To apply, visit theimpactaccelerator.org.au.
The awards recognise outstanding researchers in Australia and New Zealand who have made...
The government has released a Native Fish Emergency Response Plan to protect the...
Enable Social Enterprises has taken out the Premier's Recognition Award at the Premier's...