Approved and ready to go
AVK Australia has developed a range of Gate valves with PE pipe ends for water, sewage and neutral liquid applications to max. 70°C.
Installers across Australia are benefiting from this design as it is backed with AVK quality, they can simply install and forget as they know they can rely on it to do its job and enable cities and communities across Australia to benefit from a reliable water supply — Fit for life.
AVK gate valves are designed with built-in safety in every detail. The wedge is fully vulcanised with AVK’s drinking water approved EPDM rubber compound, the valve is manufactured in accordance with AS/NZS 2638.2. The PE pipe ends enable connection to existing PE pipe systems using traditional joining methods such as electrofusion, butt fusion, or mechanical connectors. The PE connection has recently been StandardsMark approved to the mechanical connection requirements of AS/NZS 4129.
According to AVK Australia Product Manager Geoff Puckett: “This approval is a testament to the quality of the valve, and the production methods used at our Wingfield, SA manufacturing plant, and we are highly optimistic about the future of this product range in exceeding the PE pipe markets technical requirements.”
Drawings, both 2D and 3D, are available for download along with a technical datasheet.
Main features and benefits:
- Fixed, integral wedge nut prevents vibration and ensures durability
- Ductile iron wedge, fully vulcanised with EPDM rubber
- Stainless steel gland flange, stem and bolts for increased corrosion resistance
- Seal housing incorporating dual O-ring seals and wiper ring for long life operation
- Stem sealing replaceable under pressure
- Bonnet gasket fitted in a recessed groove preventing it from being blown out by pressure surges
- Full bore
- Blue fusion bonded epoxy according to AS/NZS 4158
- PE100 SDR11 pipe pressed onto the grooved valve end, locked with a steel ring, and sealed with a plastic shrink hose. The boltless, full bore PE end connection is tensile resistant to the requirements of AS/NZS 4129.
Valves are available immediately to suit PE pipe systems to DN315 with larger sizes to DN630 available upon request.
Ask AVK to help you select the right valve for your application email@example.com.
Start following AVK Australia on LinkedIn, Facebook or Instagram to learn about other new innovative solutions:
Thanks to a new contract extension between Veolia and Hunter Water.
Pressure transmitters provide accurate measurements for relevant points in the pipeline network...
Maximise data transparency with Netilion Water Network Insights.