Siemens expands access to its smart building products
Siemens has announced it will expand the APS Industrial (APS) master distributor relationship to include its ‘building technology’ products portfolio. This comes off the back of the success and growth with APS as a distributor for Siemens electrical and automation products.
According to Siemens Chairman and CEO Jeff Connolly, this will support the continued growth of Siemens in the region.
“The timing of this announcement to expand our reach, making it easier and more cost-effective for customers to access our smart building products, coincides with the perfect storm of companies planning post-pandemic office returns and committing to net zero targets,” Connolly said.
“Buildings represent about 40% of the world’s energy consumption and mostly they’re inefficient. With smart building technologies we can as much as halve the energy consumption of a building. If you have a net zero target, then this is a ‘must consider’ approach. If you’re a tenant, you want both lower energy bills and lower CO2 footprint. Expanding the APS master distributor relationship makes it easier for mechanical and electrical contractors and other customers to more readily access Siemens building technologies.”
APS Industrial has grown six-fold since the master distributor partnership was first announced in 2018. The company now employs around 160 people throughout Australia. APS Industrial CEO David Hegarty was delighted with the deepening on the relationship.
The Siemens building technology portfolio includes:
- Room thermostats: A complete thermostat portfolio, ranging from simple mechanical and digital room thermostats for basic room climate control to advanced KNX communicating thermostats for integration into building automation systems.
- Sensors: Symaro sensors offering precise measurements for room and duct applications throughout the entire life cycle.
- Valves and actuators: The Acvatix range of valves and actuators fulfil any control and hydronic requirement associated with the generation, distribution and consumption of heating and cooling.
- Damper actuators: OpenAir is a comprehensive portfolio of damper actuators with a wide selection of positioning forces, control signals, communications standards and add-on options.
- Variable speed drives: The G120P variable speed drives provide a number of strategies for controlling fans and pumps that can achieve up to 60% energy savings compared to conventional control methods.
- Meters: Meters from Siemens provide precise acquisition and allocation of the energy consumption of heating, cooling and radiators in office buildings and residential areas.
ARENA has launched a $43m grants program that is aiming to identify ways to reduce energy costs...
The Crisis Value Erosion research paper by SenateSHJ analysed 30 notable business crises and...
The Waste and Resources Action Programme (WRAP) organisation will be working on food waste...