CEO CookOff to fight hunger and homelessness
By Sustainability Matters Staff
Thursday, 16 February, 2017
Australia’s top CEOs and chefs will be joining forces next month as part of OzHarvest’s CEO CookOff, to be held in Sydney on 6 March.
Over 200 business leaders from across the country will be teamed with chefs including Matt Moran, Neil Perry, Guillaume Brahimi and Dan Hong to prepare a three-course meal for approximately 1100 Australian homeless and disadvantaged people. The event will additionally work to raise money for OzHarvest, helping to support vulnerable Australians and raise awareness about food security, homelessness and food waste.
One of the business leaders participating is the managing director of Wiley, Tom Wiley, who described the event as “a fantastic opportunity to not only beef up my cooking skills but to marry two of my biggest passions: bringing people and food together in a better way and feeding the world”.
“This event is not just an opportunity to lend a helping hand, but to bring to light pressing food issues such as food wastage,” said Wiley, who also participated in last year’s event.
OzHarvest founder and CEO Ronni Kahn said the 2016 CookOff raised a record-breaking $1.6 million nationally, allowing the charity to deliver more than three million meals. This year, the target has been raised to $2 million.
“The 2017 CEO CookOff will be even bigger and better!” said Kahn.
Assistant Minister for Cities and Digital Transformation Angus Taylor has announced the...
The Australian Energy Storage Conference and Exhibition is heading to Adelaide in 2018.
A conference focused on the circular economy is being held in Adelaide's Tonsley Innovation...